- 6.1: Why BBS?
- 6.2: Service quality
- 6.3: Our values
- 6.5: BBS news
- 6.6: Our people
- 6.7: Careers
- 6.9: Investment competition
- 6.18: World Cup Competition
Due to our continued expansion, we are currently looking to recruit Trainee Actuaries to commence employment in Summer/Autumn 2019. The successful candidates will work directly with experienced actuaries and consultants helping to advise our trustee and corporate clients in all areas of pension consulting. Key duties of the role include –
- Undertaking actuarial calculations and draft communications to support corporate and trustee decision making in the management of pension schemes
- Developing an understanding of legislation and other obligations relevant to BBS’s clients
- Providing support to Scheme Actuaries in all aspects of the Scheme Actuary role
- Working with other teams within BBS to help optimise and enhance services provided by BBS to our clients
The successful candidates will spend the majority of their time within the actuarial team, focusing on building their actuarial knowledge, but will also join our job rotation programme affording the opportunity to work and gain valuable experience in our consultancy, administration and investment teams.
A full study support package towards completion of the actuarial exams will be provided, along with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Candidates should have, or should be on target to achieve, a minimum of a 2:1 in a degree subject with a strong mathematical bias. Candidates should also be self-motivated, eager to learn and have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
If you believe that you have the necessary attributes for the role, please submit your CV and a covering letter detailing why we should appoint you to:
BBS Consultants & Actuaries Ltd
23-25 St George's Road
Bristol, BS1 5UU